Summer Bridge Program
JUNE 26, 2013-JULY 26, 2013 (SUMMER B)
|COST||DEVELOPMENTAL COURSES OFFERED||COLLEGE-LEVEL COURSES OFFERED||FINANCIAL AID AVAILABLE|
English/Reading and Math
FC 210 Critical Thinking (3 credit hours)
|$2,000 unsubsidized loan|
Room & Board
BENEFITS TO INCOMING STUDENT:
- Orientation to campus before other students arrive
- Early Placement Testing
- The opportunity to remove one or more developmental courses while also earning credits towards graduation*
- Training on using the latest technology (participants receive an iPad, E-books, and access codes)
- A $500-$1000 scholarship for the Fall semester to all students who earn a 3.0 or higher during the Summer Bridge Program (Wildcat Scholarship).
- Peer Mentoring from a student who successfully completed the BCU First Year Experience
- Students needing both developmental English and reading will receive credit for both courses by only taking one Jumpcourse. FC210 and FC200 can be used as free electives in some majors.
8:00-10:00 - MAT 125, RE 125/ EN 125 Jump
10:10-12:10 - FC 200 or FC 210
12:20-1:20 - Lunch in Dining Hall
1:30-3:00 - Mandatory Study Hall
3:00-6:30 - Free Time/Dinner in Residence Hall
7:00-8:30 - Meetings with Peer Mentors: Team Building Activities/ Student "
Success Workshops/ Service Project
*Students will be enrolled in one developmental class and one college-level course for a total of 6 credit hours.