Florida Fund for Minority Teachers, Inc.
Individuals who are selected for the Minority Teacher Education Scholarship must:
- Be a resident of the State of Florida
- Be a member of one of the following racial groups: African American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Asian American/Pacific Islander, or American Indian/Alaskan Native
- Be newly admitted into a teacher education program at any of FFMT’s participating universities/colleges
- Be a junior and have not earned a baccalaureate degree in Education
- Have earned 60 credit hours or an AA degree
- Have not exceeded 18 hours of upper division education courses at the time of application
Additional conditions and requirements, as well as the application, may be found at
Florida Fund for Minority Teachers
TEACH Grant Program
The TEACH Grant Program is available for prospective teacher candidates with a grade point average of 3.25 or higher, majoring in Biology Education or Exceptional Student Education.
Learn more about the TEACH Grant Program at www.FederalStudentAid.ed.gov or call B-CU Financial Aid at 386.481.2630.
Teacher Education Institute (TEI) Scholarship
To be eligible for the Teacher Education Institute Scholarship, an intended Education major:
- Must have earned at least sixty (60) semester hours
- Must be currently enrolled in a certified program, for the semester in which they are applying
- Must be a Florida resident
- Must be enrolled in EDM 380 Professional Education Seminar
- Must have a 2.50 cumulative grade point average
- Must participate in all School of Education and Professional Education Seminars, including tutoring sessions
Scholarships, awarded by the Teacher Education Institute Coordinator, will be credited to the student’s account. Funds available for payment of the FTCE exam will be distributed in the form of vouchers.