The School of Social Sciences
The School of Social Sciences offers programs and experiences designed to develop individual abilities and prepare students for professional studies and careers in education, research, social and public services, law, international relations, government and criminal justice system.
The School of Social Sciences Mission
Consistent with the legacy of our beloved founder, the Mission of the School of Social Sciences is to “Act locally and Think globally” as our students enter to learn and depart to serve an interdependent, global society. We are committed to on-going efforts towards internationalizing the curriculum as the School of Social Sciences is a place in which diversity is appreciated rather than merely tolerated. Our students participate in several civic engagement, clothing drives, food drives and other humanitarian activities designed to heighten public awareness and alleviate suffering in various parts of the world. Our Model UN program attracts students from all majors and often takes the lead in coordinating humanitarian efforts for the School of Social Sciences in partnership with various local, state, national and international organizations.
The School of Social Sciences Vision
The vision of the School of Social Sciences is to develop individual abilities and prepare students for professional studies and careers in education, research, social and public services, law, international relations, government, and the criminal justice system.
The School of Social Sciences Goals
The School of Social Sciences is committed to the following goals:
- Continue to advance the institution’s rich legacy of faith, scholarship and service.
- Improve the learning environment by making it more technologically advanced.
- Continuously strive to internationalize the curriculum to ensure diversity and sensitivity to the demands of an increasingly interdependent global society.
- Enhance Retention and Graduation Rates.
- Increase faculty involvement in student recruiting.
- Increase on-going faculty development in order to ensure quality instruction.
- Promote and track post graduation employment and successful matriculation in graduate and professional schools.
- Improve efforts to integrate diverse teaching methodologies for increased participation and inclusion in the teaching/learning process.
- Promote civic engagement and social responsibility as we Act Locally and Think Globally.
- Develop local, state, national and international partnerships for the advancing of the institution’s mission and success of our students.
- Demand mutual respect and professionalism in our “Excellence Expected, No Excuses Accepted” Caring Community.