Academic Computing - Technical Support
To review, the Office of Academic Computing provides the following assistance and support services for distance learning faculty:
- Orientation and support for the approvals, development, and management processes associated with delivering online learning
- Support team coordination
- Policy advisement
- Access to the LMS and supplemental software
- 1-1 and group technology and integration training
- Assistance with instructional design related to course development and/or conversion
- Limited scanning of text and graphic material for use online
- Ongoing, course-related technical support for faculty during course delivery
Common faculty distance learning assistance requests, include, but are not limited to:
- Temporary and experimental course development shells creation
- New and experienced distance learning faculty assistance
- 1-1 training requests
- Customized group training requests
- Scanning and multimedia assistance
- Copyright consultation
- Course access for incompleters
During normal business hours, the HelpDesk, staffed by User Support Services, can answer many technical questions related to distance learning. The may be reached at ext. 2070, email address firstname.lastname@example.org or visited at 585 Mary McLeod Bethune Blvd from 8:30AM to 5:00PM.
Blackboard Student Services 24/7 HelpDesk
The Center for Information Technology has partnered with PresidiumLearning to provide 24/7 Help Desk support. They can be reached toll-free at 1-866-207-3337 or through the B-CU/Blackboard Student Services website.
Office of Academic Computing
ACT staff are available via website contact form, telephone (ext. 2287), email (email@example.com), or in-person at 585 Mary McLeod Bethune Blvd. for technical support. Any inquiries for support will be returned within 24 hours during business days.