Application for Admission
For consideration for admission to the nursing program, applicants must meet the following requirements. All requirements must be met before your application will be considered. Only completed application packets will be reviewed. The deadline date for submission is May 15th. No application will be accepted after the deadline date.
Students are required to:
1. Complete all prerequisite course requirements with a grade of C or better. These 8 courses must be successfully completed before your application will be reviewed.
NU 112: Introduction to Nursing
This course is specific to Bethune-Cookman University’s nursing program and must be taken at Bethune-Cookman University. It is offered online each fall, spring and summer semester. It may not be taken after the submission deadline date. It must be completed before the submission deadline date for your application to be considered.
College English I
College English II
Anatomy & Physiology I and II; or BI 237 at Bethune-Cookman University
Introduction to Chemistry
2. Take and achieve the benchmarked scores on the TEAS Exam (Test of Essential Academic Skills). Scores over 3 years old may not be used. TEAS scores must be attached to the application or submitted at the time of application. An application will be deemed incomplete without TEAS scores and will not be reviewed. This requirement must be met at the time of application. TEAS scores will not be accepted after the application deadline date.
Composite Score 65%
English/Language Usage 60%
3. GPA of 2.8 or higher.
4. Submit unofficial transcripts from all colleges/universities attended. Transcripts must be attached to the application or submitted at the time of application. An application will be deemed incomplete without transcripts and will not be reviewed. This requirement must be met at the time of application. Transcripts will not be accepted after the application deadline date.
5. Submit all information by the deadline date.
In addition to an incomplete application, applicants will not be admitted to nursing program based on the following.
1. Applicants committing a misdemeanor in the past 5 years or a felony conviction (ever) will not be admitted to the nursing program.
2. Students having a positive drug screen will not be admitted to the nursing program.
3. Persons listed on the National Sexual Offender & Predator Registry are not eligible to apply to the program.
4. Persons who have held or hold licensure in another discipline, and were subject to disciplinary action are not eligible to apply.