Bethune-Cookman University seeks to enroll students with the potential and desire to further their intellectual, spiritual and social development. Each applicant is evaluated individually based on their academic performance at the high school level. The University also considers the applicant’s character and demonstrated
Definition of a First-Time Freshman
A student is considered a first-time freshman if he/she is currently in high school or has not previously attended any college, university and/or proprietary school within or outside of the United States since graduating from high school or secondary school.
Disclosure Statement: The student must disclose all institutions attended. Failure to disclose all institutions previously attended will constitute falsification of information and will result in denial of the student's application
To be considered for admission to Bethune-Cookman University, you must be a graduate from an accredited high school or a candidate for graduation with a standard high school diploma and a cumulative grade point average of 2.25 or better on a 4.0 scale. The University uses a holistic admissions process and takes into consideration
- GPA 2.25 out of a 4.0 scale
- ACT (with a minimum of 15) or SAT (with a minimum of 810 (new) 1110 (old
Coursework at the high-school level should include the following:
- Four units of English
- Three units of college preparatory math
- Three units of natural sciences (at least one laboratory)
- Three units of social sciences and history
- Six academic electives
All students applying to B-CU must submit the following credentials:
- A completed application for admission.
- Official copies of transcript(s) including all high school academic experiences.
SAT test scores. Actor
Recommendation for Consideration
Admissions decisions are holistic and based on the total student portfolio and demonstrated
Decisions for admissions will be based on the strength of the academic curriculum, grade point average, SAT or ACT test scores, extracurricular activities, and potential contribution to the university.
Upon acceptance, submit the following:
- $300.00 Enrollment Fee by logging into the Wildcat web portal and pay the fee through the payment portal, calling the Cashier's Office at 386-481-2292 or by mailing it to the Cashier's Office at the University's address.
- Submit your health records to the Health Services office.