Payroll Services is responsible for the preparation and execution of all university payrolls that are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory and non-statutory deductions.
- Maintaining records and reports required by the University, State & Federal government agencies
- Establishing “new” payroll policies and procedures
- Generating year-end W2’s
- Reconciling accounts
- Performing internal audits
- Liaison with accounting department for external audits
The Payroll Services staff are cross-trained, however, following are the individual primary payroll responsibilities:
- Rusha Sullivan - Faculty and Bi-Weekly payroll
- Julie Westfall - Student Payroll (College Work Aid and Federal Work Study)
- Rich Kohler - Staff Payroll
While there are many new initiatives on the horizon, we are pleased to announce that one of our first successes was a Presidential initiative of converting from monthly to semi-monthly payroll for faculty & staff effective October 15, 2013.
The Payroll Services team worked tirelessly behind the scenes with no interruptions in day-to-day operations to ensure a seamless conversion.